Mohaas.net | Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead Community

Can't Open MOHAA

Everything related to the games.

Can't Open MOHAA

Postby TexasReb » 13 Sep 2015, 07:27

I'm wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything like this. Out of nowhere, I suddenly found myself unable to open MOHAA. I realized yesterday when trying to join a game through the MOHAAS.net tool that a message popped up saying that I didn't have the proper permissions and needed to run as an administrator. Upon further investigation, and after reinstalling the tool, I discovered the issue is with the game. When double clicking on MOHAA nothing happens at all. Nor is anything different when I right click and run as an administrator. I figured the next obvious step would be to uninstall the game. Trying to do so proved troublesome, as each time I tried to uninstall from Add/Remove a Program, nothing would happen. I finally got it uninstalled by downloading a IObit Uninstaller. After reinstalling the game, I found myself back to square one. Nothing happens when I try to open the program. I don't seem to be experiencing any other issues on my PC, and ran a virus/adware scan to be safe. Of course, I've restarted my PC a number of times and have tried to run through Safe Mode, all to no avail. Any ideas? I should add that I haven't installed any other programs since last running MOHAA normally.
TexasReb

Re: Can't Open MOHAA

Postby TexasReb » 13 Sep 2015, 22:54

I've been communicating this issue on a couple tech forums. There seems to be some amount of suggestion that a recent MS update that was pushed through a few days ago for Windows 7 is causing a lot of issues with older software. Are there any other Windows 7 users experiencing this with MOHAAS?
TexasReb

Postby swampsnake » 13 Sep 2015, 23:31

hello texas reb I am having exactly the same problem as you. I use windows 7 on my pc and the other night downloaded some updates when I shut down. The next day was when my troubles started. try looking at my post on the klm forum as there are some solutions that may help
swampsnake

Postby TexasReb » 14 Sep 2015, 01:23

Finally figured it out. Indeed, it did have everything to do with MS new update. Apparently users of Windows 10 have been dealing with the issue for a while now. Anyways, the fix is simple, but puts your PC at risk, according to Microsoft. Just follow the instructions provided:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3086255

Hopefully someone can develop a fix that doesn't compromise computer security.
TexasReb

Postby Appelpitje » 14 Sep 2015, 16:00

Thanks for posting the temp fix!
Appelpitje
GUN

Postby swampsnake » 14 Sep 2015, 23:21

I got round the problem with a system restore to before I downloaded the upgrade. Just got to make sure I don't download it again :D
swampsnake

Postby modder » 14 Sep 2015, 23:41

What the hell, this is really odd...

Anyway, I think an option would be to run the MoHAAS.net tool as admin.
Then you have the proper rights to start the game for sure.
modder
2A

Postby swampsnake » 14 Sep 2015, 23:47

the problem is not with the tool but with medal of honour.I could not join from gametracker, desktop or loading my bt disc
swampsnake

Postby TexasReb » 15 Sep 2015, 02:27

For a more technical explanation to the problem, the recent Windows update disabled the third-party driver called secdrv.sys. This driver is required to run the copyright protection built into MOHAA called SafeDisc. So, even when attempting to run the program as an administrator, it won't work.
TexasReb

Postby modder » 15 Sep 2015, 18:32

Is there an easier fix than what you described?
Maybe it is possible to make an *.exe fix for people
who can't make it work?
modder
2A

Next

Return to Allied Assault / Spearhead / Breakthrough