[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mohaas.net • View topic - Anti-cheat actions
Mohaas.net | Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead Community

Anti-cheat actions

Everything related to the games.

Anti-cheat actions

Postby Explo.hu » 23 May 2014, 11:29

After solving the problem of Gamespy's shutting down, the community should seriously consider doing something against cheaters. Today I played on KLM Clan's countdown 2.0 server and there were about three or four people who could see thru walls. After their frags had became suspicious, I checked them in spectator mode. They were all staring at walls as if following someone on the other side. After confronting them with this they did not even deny. I do believe that wallhack is a severe problem in this game and there should be something done about it. I'm not going to give out names, but there are clans involved in this as well. We need better anti-cheat systems on the servers. Let's keep this game clean, because this might cause many people to abandon Spearhead. Any suggestions?
Explo.hu

Re: Anti-cheat actions

Postby modder » 23 May 2014, 13:10

Yes, we absolutely have to include anti-cheat options into the tool when
possible. But you need to understand that this will need time. I thought
about something like:

- Administrate servers through the tool
- Ban system
- Force screenshots on users and auto-upload them
- Scan the game folders with the tool for cheats
modder
2A

Postby Spartan » 13 Jun 2014, 06:06

Hey guys, thanks for the site and the tool by the way.

I owned and operated many servers over the years, and by far the best anti-cheat program I used was Counter-Intelligence (CI) from Invisible Warriors. Couple that with some custom server .pk3's I found and modified myself and some server hardening patches and you have a decent and relatively cheat-free server. I only wish and hope that the folks over at XNull can port the AA 1.12 patch they call Reborn over to SH. What they have done is reworked the game binary files from the ground up and reverse engineered the game to be an all inclusive server side patch to protect against exploits such as wallhacks, glow skins, sharking, etc.

Anyhow, it would be nice to have RCON control from this tool, but reinventing the wheel seems like a waste at this point. I would focus on the fine tuning of the server list tool, and pimp that out to spec. Maybe down the road after some time, incorporate some of the admin and anti-cheat features. I am by no means a code monkey, but if I can help in any way in the development or testing, and any web admin duties, please don't hesitate to ask.

Keep up the good work guys, I really appreciate it!
Spartan

Postby modder » 15 Jun 2014, 01:40

I will include some new functions in a new version soon.

Do you know how the CI anti cheat worked?
modder
2A

Postby liquidninja » 04 Aug 2014, 08:47

liquidninja
2A

Postby emiclime » 04 Aug 2014, 20:28

You find CI on their webpage under downloads.

http://www.invisiblewarriors.com/
emiclime
CMS

Postby Magneto » 17 Apr 2019, 14:48

I still have CI anticheat somewhere. I'll send you.
Last edited by Magneto on 18 Sep 2019, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
Magneto

Postby modder » 18 Apr 2019, 22:38

Nice, ty
modder
2A

Postby HARRIS » 18 May 2019, 09:12

What they've done is expanded the redirection matched reports from the beginning and found the recreation to be a finished server aspect fix to quiet contrary to tries, for outline, divider hacks, glimmer skins, sharking.
HARRIS

Return to Allied Assault / Spearhead / Breakthrough