[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mohaas.net • View topic - Question about "Anti cheat script"
Mohaas.net | Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead Community

Question about "Anti cheat script"

Questions about scripting? Or new scripts made for you here!

Question about "Anti cheat script"

Postby Time-bomb » 08 May 2014, 15:51

I put it here because i cant reply on the cheat/scriping forum.

cg_forceModel 1 is not a cheat!! it is a option in the controlpanel from the game what you can use or not. If servers it dont allowed they can just enable forceModel in their server.cfg!
I dont see the point why you need to put is here as a cheat ???
Time-bomb
ESOE

Re: Question about "Anti cheat script"

Postby Appelpitje » 08 May 2014, 16:44

Appelpitje
GUN

Postby Time-bomb » 08 May 2014, 19:49

I saw that so useless to mark it as a cheat, also because it is a normal spearhead option a part of the game !
Time-bomb
ESOE

Postby Appelpitje » 08 May 2014, 20:23

Yes i know but its in a cheat list, i didn't include it in the script so far.
Appelpitje
GUN

Postby Shadow » 27 May 2014, 15:42

There are a lot of servers out there that disable forcemodels, that's the reason I put it in the list.
Obviously it's not a cheat, but figured I'd just place it in there (with a note). Everyone can obviously choose to ignore it, no problem :)

(I created the list as a reference list, not with the goal of creating an anticheat script, but I welcome and support Appelpitje (and anyone else) to do so! :) )

Also there are several other commands which are 'normal' in-game commands but are considered cheats (at certain values).
Shadow

Postby liquidninja » 04 Aug 2014, 10:24

Disabling forcemodels IS a good method against cheats though, since many hacks require certain skins.
liquidninja
2A

Postby Time-bomb » 04 Aug 2014, 22:54

Disable costume skins so you don't have that problem. People play with so many pk3 shit in their game, costume skins, costume radars., costume scopes, weapons and more of that shit what also give a lot of advance for them. So we can not play with force models and they can play with all that shit in their game?
Time-bomb
ESOE

Postby wibbilus_maximus » 05 Aug 2014, 08:06

why can't they have custom skins? or custom weapon skins? that makes no difference. I'd love to know how you think it gives them an advantage. The only way it can is if the custom mod they're using does more than what the original did. In that case they're cheating and I've got no sympathy if they get banned and ridiculed. Forcemodel is needed to get some cheat skins to work as already stated but I know that people use it to gain an advantage. If they play axis, they use a dark axis skin and set the allies skin to crazy boris or a snow skin which is predominantly white. Their reaction time is less cause they don't have to even see the player, just the flash of white and they shoot at it. On top of that, the white stands out in the bushes. It may not be a cheat but it's being used to cheat.

In all fairness there is no need to have forcemodel as it's only used to increase fps. if you're computer is really haveing a problem playing at 60 fps minimum then it's seriously time for an upgrade.
wibbilus_maximus

Postby Appelpitje » 05 Aug 2014, 09:50

There is a client side custom granade mod where you can hear "Grenade!!!" when an enemy throws it even from far away. Without the mod u wouldnt hear that from a long distance.

Thats one of the only advantages i can think of, why should you play with force models?
I've heard many players play with that but i dont see why u should use it. :roll: :roll:
Appelpitje
GUN

Postby Time-bomb » 05 Aug 2014, 11:45

I know many players use force models because it is easy to NOT teamkill your teammates, in wars FF is mostly on that's why force models get used (is also a normal game option in sh).

And if you look here http://medalofhonor.filefront.com/devel ... pppa;32997 then maybe you understand why costume skins can make the different, leprechaun_skins, Clown skins, Bugs Bunny ..... and a lot more skins give advance when forces models get used!
You also have weaponmods that's guns light up so easy to see your enemy, there are so many pk3 files for mohaa what give you advance in the game.
Time-bomb
ESOE

Next

Return to Modding / Scripting