[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mohaas.net • View topic - Great Site
Mohaas.net | Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead Community

Great Site

Everything about the clans of our community.

Great Site

Postby Heatsink » 26 May 2014, 13:27

Hi all great to see another site started for this and great job !! ;)

At present my own site is still getting set up its up and running at http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk but we have still not managed to import all the databases for maps / mods and skins for MOHAA and Spearhead ..... Its been a bit of a bitch TBH trying to migrate over :(

They are still available on the old site though for now -:
http://109.70.148.92/AAAAMOHAA

Maps - http://109.70.148.92/AAAAMOHAA/AAAA-MOHAA-Maps
Skins - http://109.70.148.92/AAAAMOHAA/content/ ... aaaa-skins

Also see your working on your own tool for Gamespy shut down which is excellent :)

Also to note these two other solutions aswell -:
http://www.qtracker.com/master-gamespy.php

and Xnull Tool online -: http://mohaaservers.tk/
and Desktop version -:
http://www.dinofly.com/files/mohaa/MOHQ ... taller.exe
Last edited by Heatsink on 27 May 2014, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Kill em ALL and then KILL em ALL again!!
ImageImage
Heatsink

Re: Great Site

Postby Heatsink » 26 May 2014, 15:06

With Reference to above - I would also say that I need help on AAAA - It was ment to be a solution to support MOHSH and MOHBT but would the admins here consider a merge to deliver both well all three as in MOHAA / MOHSH and MOHBT and help me with the Database import to support all these MOH formats................

The history is my old site is Drupal 6 - and we were going to upgrade to Drupal 7 when Joto funded and supported a move to Xenforo

The current situ is Drupal is great at CCK and Database fileds and views but has crap themes and a very crap Forum..................

We moved to Xenforo as it has a very good forum but limited support on CCK we Are getting their its all set up ready I am just struggling with the import of data.............
ImageImage
Heatsink

Postby modder » 26 May 2014, 21:01

It's nice to hear from you. I didn't know JoTo was working with you together.

We should definitely have a talk how we could migrate our services. At the
moment I am really stressed by finishing the tool and get everything working.
But it would be nice to hear more about your projects too.
modder
2A

Postby Shadow » 27 May 2014, 15:18

Love the looks of the site as well :)

I do think it would be best if we could get 1 huge community together, instead of several spread out communities, while we're all supporting the same game(s).

I think we can achieve a lot by working together. There are many clans out there with players that would love to help out (moderate forums etc.). Would be awesome if there is 1 point where every player/clan can go to for help, advice and read the latest news about the game (anticheats, events, news like gamespy, software as scapp, MOH Query Tool etc.).

The biggest project of AAAA atm is stil the Map/Skin/Mod Databases. Having some trouble importing all the data from the old website to the new website and taking longer than we thought. But we're trying to get all game data hosted in the same place.. we've now expanded from Maps/Skins/Mods to Tutorials, Guides, Tools, Patches/Cracks (these are all up and running already: http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/aaaa/resources/) and are thinking of going further (e.g. prefab database for mappers).
Shadow

Postby Heatsink » 27 May 2014, 18:31

Hi modder - yeh think every one busy on the gamespy issue - Spoke online with Vatec6000 yesterday I think has also now an idea for this also which sounds cool !!

Yeh as Shadow said at present its about the Database - Some history on it.....

Basically The project for a central Database for all to use was not getting off the ground as we could not get enough people onboard with the right skill sets or time to do the project......

So about 2 years ago I started developing a solution on Drupal 7 - It was a bit rough and ready when Shadow came on board and offered to get involved - Together we worked on the design and fields and what was needed and so on then to Shadows credit he then spent the last 15 months or so keying like a mad man to the point now where we have the biggest online collect of maps and skins........ For maps we now have _: Skins now -: 624 Mods is only 74 but we not had any resources or time to get stuck into that more..........

Vatec6000 prevous autodownloader projects MMDL and so on use the AAAA Database to source the files and we will support him on Pakradar which is going to be awesome :)

The current situ on the site is http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/aaaa/threads/a ... ture.1003/

I hope Joto is well and ok but he been offline now for over a month so we been at a loss without the master :(

I really dont want to give up on Xenforo as Joto has funded this so above link explains our options
And also now Shadow has done some great work on starting on the Resources he mentioned http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/aaaa/resources/

Some more history on why Xenforo for us and not say PHPBB which is exceelent is we needed a pre made front end for users and forum support as well as being able to support a Database

In my Case I started with Drupal 6 - Joto decided on Xenforo as it was a new cleaner faster solution as Drupal can be become a bit of a beast on modules..................

The problem is I am at the end of my skill set trying to import from Drupal so missing the great man Joto but we are so keen to get it completed.............

I think if the project was not funded I would start again but we are really pleased with xenforo now we are getting up to speed with it http://xenforo.com/

AAAA has mainly just been MOHAA but that was not our intention we just started at first supporting MOHAA but never got the time to populate with Spearhead and Breakthrough as much as we would like..........

As it stands Shadow has more files to upload but I have him on hold at present while we try to work out what to do to progress :(

With regret Appelpitje did not have access to our post where we started this Project and Joto got involved so he was not aware of all this we were doing :(

So I think from my point I would have said we are back to square one lets et together and look what we can do but with respect to Joto having spent hs own money funding the project I cant right it off and also now we have invested so much time and effort to get it running to what it is now.............

So when you get chance would be great to have a chat with you about this..............

I am concerned about joto just hope he is busy with life but have no other method of contact with him.

Cheers

Jon
ImageImage
Heatsink

Postby modder » 27 May 2014, 21:10

Jon, we have a great amount of know-how around here, but
time is definitely an issue.

It would be nice though if we could make an array of websites:
- A library for downloads/mods/maps (as you have)
- A community page (as we try to create)
modder
2A

Postby Shadow » 28 May 2014, 11:00

I think having too many websites is an issue for the public. Thus my goal is still to form 1 global community site. I don't really mind where or how, I just want to unite the players. It's not going to happen with small communities everywhere and everyone doing their own thing.
Shadow

Postby Appelpitje » 28 May 2014, 20:17

Well i got a great idea :)

What if we intergrate a menu in the tool that browses AAAA map/mod/skins database and players can select the mod/skin/they want to install with 1 click?

Although if we Pakradar is used for maps, the players dont need to choose maps, unless they want to test one out ofc.
Appelpitje
GUN

Postby modder » 28 May 2014, 23:18

modder
2A

Postby Shadow » 28 May 2014, 23:32

That isn't a bad idea, but as you say.. if PakRadar comes out (in full working version) it might become a bit useless. However the option of being able to do it via your tool would always be cool.

Though, we're now both creating 'communities' for AA/SH/BT (fair enough, we have more AA people and you more SH people) but in the end there are a lot of similarities. There are shattered communities out there, such as the Spearhead Lounge (a group of clans in SH that have lots of fun events) then we have the MOHAA-ATHON which is an awesome event in AA, however it still seems to be directed towards a certain group of traditional clans. Tbh I'd like to combine this all in the future (obviously clans might want to do their own thing and that's totally cool and fine! They should do what they want!). I would just like to get 1 community site for the game(s) we love so much, AA, SH & BT.

This to help people in need quicker, with more experts on board, share news quicker to a larger group and brainstorm together when problems arrive (e.g. Gamespy shutdown).

Having admins/experts aboard from xNULL, ModTheater and others would be awesome, all together in 1 place. Next to that having the option to download/check out many tools for the games and also check for Tutorials, guides, patches, maps, skins etc.!

Basically a platform where we improve the games and gameplay.
It might sound farfetched, but so many people are placing a lot of effort already in the game and community, and it would be lovely to combine this. And I don't mean under the roof of a certain person or site.. cause I really don't care about the location (site) for this or which people are 'running' it, although it should be ran by a 'large' group of people, originally from various sites/clans/communities. This to avoid people thinking they lost their own power/will etc. (the mind plays crazy tricks on people sometimes).

You guys are also making a great start, so I'm just hoping we could all get on board together and create something even bigger (before it's too late and everyone and everything has settled down completely).
Shadow

Return to Community