[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mohaas.net • View topic - Spreading the word
Mohaas.net | Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead Community

Spreading the word

Everything about the clans of our community.

Spreading the word

Postby wappe » 06 May 2014, 03:55

First of all, thanks for the interest in saving our beloved game. For all of us it is hard to think if this really could be the end. I certainly hope it's not and I am prepared to give a lot of my spare time for this project, let it be any help with coding or spreading the word.

After the shutdown of GameSpy, I really want everyone to be able to know WHY they cannot find any servers and HOW they continue from this on.It is necessary to do it now via in-game, but also via Internet in general. So I thought it is absolutely important to have every possible bit of information we have to rank well in Google for easy search.

That's why I created a in Blogger. The meaning of this blog is to cover some common search queries of what's happened after May 31 and hopefully lead them easily into the right piece of information. I know we don't have much time left to rank well in Google, but it's better to try than regret later. If you have anything to add into this blog post, let me know and I will edit it. Also I suggest we spread the word even further via web; Facebook, Reddit etc. And because today many players' native language is Arabic, I hope we can get someone to write this information also in their language. Maybe someone can start with helping me translate this blog post? ;)

In this topic you can let others know how you have contributed in spreading the word!
wappe
2A

Re: Spreading the word

Postby Appelpitje » 06 May 2014, 11:07

Thanks for helping!
Indeed, the best way to spread this is ingame!

As most people don't have/use Xfire or any other related programs.
So if server admins could advertise that on the 31th of may gamespy will stop with their masterservers then we would safe allot of players..

Also i don't have allot of time now because i have school projects and exams comming, bad timing Gamespy! :|
Appelpitje
GUN

Postby 1manarmy » 06 May 2014, 12:27

hey guys..i was thinking bout a message thread to add on our servers. I can create it when im home later today. If there anything pecific that shoud be added then let me know. If anybody else allready did this plz add the script here so each server spam the same gamespy Warning.d
1manarmy
1manarmy**

Postby modder » 06 May 2014, 12:41

Well its important to show the link to mohaas.net, but we better
wait with that until we have a first tool version.
modder
2A

Postby Time-bomb » 06 May 2014, 18:04

SAW server already have a message in the server about Gamespy and XFire. 185.16.84.5:12203
Time-bomb
ESOE

Postby The Shadow » 08 Jun 2014, 03:53

at The Dogg Pound liberation server, our admin put a foresight message about the end of June deadline and adding the IP, also will try to keep an inactive player (my laptop) on spectator with the name of the server IP or this website adress.
I will also be personally telling members and friends, and people I see through the game
Dogg Pound clan member : : : We don't look for death, we bring it!

- The Dogg Pound (Spearhead Liberation Server Clan)
The Shadow
Dogg P

Return to Community