[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mohaas.net • View topic - PakRadar
Mohaas.net | Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead Community

PakRadar

Everything related to the games.

Re: PakRadar

Postby Heatsink » 27 May 2014, 19:24

Just been reading this thread - some good points here, just some of my own thoughts...............

Well I think its always a good thing to have different solutions - X-null have some amazing stuff and concepts and then seen what Vatec6000 has done and also the likes of MOHAAC all approach the same problems but from different angles and solve with different solutions - when their is choice their is comparison which is a very good thing as each solution then reviews others work and enhances their own to evolve it you see what I mean..............

But the down side is a user gets confused and then also its solution replaces core files so the user is forced to use one solution and then at some point their will be a major majority of one solution but not the others so much and so on and splits our already limited user base............

Its like Xfire and qtracker and gametracker this is a wide split but it does not matter as the end user could use all three and more if they wanted to do no impact on confliction...........

Now for us all though as I see it users will have the following choice -:

Qtracker edit on client and server host files redirect support all MOH games and others

Pakradar using qtracker with server side and client side replacement exe's supporting AA SH and BT

Xnull using their own master server, server side and client side replacement exe's supporting AA SH and BT - In game fix and Online Browser and Desktop tool

MOHAAS - using your own tool and possible master server just to support Spearhead

Some concerns are Qtracker been around long time and hope they stay around !! but as with Gamespy times change - If we all go Qtracker then in the future we will have lost many of the legends who support these old games and have the skill sets to do all these solutions and then qtracker goes offline we are back to square one again..............

So its also a concern for me what ever solution goes in is its fixable in the future - and if Qtracker releases their code as open source then great but lets not get dependant on any one solution........

My own thoughts on this kind of dont work as Pakradar and Reborn need to replace files both ends as such but my concept would be all get together including Qtracker to create a universal cfg setting to be set by server admin as to what Master server it points to so the user can decide - and have primary / secondary and so on so if Qtracker was down it would selct secondary option but can also be set by admin in what order they prefer and so on...............

My concept wont work as all parties are doing different things .............

Some thought I have on this is the MOHAA / MOHSH and other files from stock should NOT be replaced !!!

as in Pakradar MOHAA / MOHSH exe and files should sit as renamed files and a short cut on the desktop same for X-null Reborn files - the user then has multi short cuts to run Pakradar or Reborn or what every so the user can have multi choices on what solution

I am not a programmer so dont know if half above is possible but choice is good but we all need to make so the user can switch easy and select their preference as although multi solutions are good for all in this community, confusions and split community where its not easy to switch is not good and we dont want to end up all in one basket like Qtracker where it could also go offline..........

Hope above reads ok and makes sense but the way its going will be like would have happend with MOHAAC and X-null as in users would have had choose between the two as it stands I think MOHAAC is now over with regret he had done a great job on that

Cheers

Jon
Kill em ALL and then KILL em ALL again!!
ImageImage
Heatsink

Postby Appelpitje » 27 May 2014, 19:50

Guys what about ?
Players wouldn't even have to update the tool as the software is on the server and thats where we can update the code.

I think this can have many advantages even to the anti cheat protection side!
Appelpitje
GUN

Postby modder » 27 May 2014, 21:03

modder
2A

I'm back.... again

Postby VATEC6000 » 17 Feb 2015, 16:29

Hello, it's been a while. Sorry for disappearing again, this time I had a phase in my life. A difficult one that is.

That aside, PakRadar is done (with the exception of polished menus and an installer). I have completely reworked the download and caching mechanisms, making them more configurable and flexible. There's also now a console command that changes the master server on the fly. For default master server there's the x-null one.

You can see a demo video of PakRadar here: http://youtu.be/n4GRj8QxL9s

I'm in a bit of a hurry atm but I'm gonna try to be online as much as I can.
VATEC6000
CDX

Postby VATEC6000 » 19 Feb 2015, 14:38

Here's a custom skin autdownload test video :)
http://youtu.be/M98-70IcGvQ
VATEC6000
CDX

Re: I'm back.... again

Postby modder » 19 Feb 2015, 23:11

modder
2A

Postby VATEC6000 » 20 Feb 2015, 00:47

For compatibility with legacy software, Windows has a virtual folder system for programs that want to write to their installation folder. This means that the paks will not be copied actually to C:/Progs/ ... /mainta, but to somewhere in %appdata%. When mohaa scans the folder for paks Windows makes it think the downloaded paks are also in mainta when they actually are not.

This is the case with Win7 and onwards. Though i'm not sure about... eh... Vista...

Currently PakRadar downloads the maps and mods from where the server admin has decided in their own file list. However at this very moment I'm working on implementing the old database system from MMDL also.
VATEC6000
CDX

Postby modder » 20 Feb 2015, 04:08

What about XP? I know it sucks, but a lot of users have XP in MoHAA...
modder
2A

Postby VATEC6000 » 20 Feb 2015, 11:08

XP sucks? XP is probably still the best Windows there ever was!
It doesn't even have UAC so MoHAA is allowed to write directly to the main folders :)
VATEC6000
CDX

Previous

Return to Allied Assault / Spearhead / Breakthrough