[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mohaas.net • View topic - Answer me please
Mohaas.net | Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead Community

Answer me please

Everything related to the games.

Re: Answer me please

Postby PrinceCharming » 13 May 2014, 14:27

Yes, XFire depends on the gamespyservice. :cry:
Kill nothing but time...
PrinceCharming
AngelsCoven

Postby Time-bomb » 16 May 2014, 13:17

XFire dont have problems when gamespy close.

I made a ticket on XFire.

2014-05-12, 02:41 vdsteen
GameSpy don't support Mohaa games anymore end of the month, are we still able to see Mohaa AA and SH servers on XFire after Gamespy close???

2014-05-15, 07:19 Ben (Manager)
The short answer to that, is Yes. :)

2014-05-15, 12:26 vdsteen
So no panic that we dont see servers anymore? a lot of players think we cant see servers anymore after gamespy close the server search. We can tell them just use XFire to see the servers of the Mohaa games, right??

2014-05-16, 03:14 Ben (Manager)
Hi,
To clarify, Xfire uses its own server list. Once you join a game, we collect the server information automatically.
We do not rely on master server lists.

2014-05-16, 04:12 vdsteen
Thanks a lot for this answer :)
Time-bomb
ESOE

Postby Appelpitje » 16 May 2014, 19:32

Appelpitje
GUN

Postby PrinceCharming » 16 May 2014, 22:12

Technically spoken, this is a strange thing.
XFire can not find a server if they dont know the existence of it.
MOHAA servers have a special option in the server.cfg to make them self known to gamespy.
Thats the way gamespy knows that the server exists.
This is service is not available to XFire.

I think that that XFire takes the known serverlist from gamespy and then inspects the contents of the server itself.

I hope someone can tell me that this is not true, but thats the way i think it works.

Maybe Ben(manager) from xfire can explain how they know which servers exists?
Kill nothing but time...
PrinceCharming
AngelsCoven

Postby Time-bomb » 16 May 2014, 23:05

Once you join a game, we collect the server information automatically.

That is what he say so i think that's how it works then.
But you can also make a ticket on XFire and ask him yourself.

If you see that people who start SH with breakthrough the server behind their name will also give the that server the BT status and not the SH.
Time-bomb
ESOE

Postby modder » 17 May 2014, 00:54

modder
2A

Postby PrinceCharming » 17 May 2014, 14:10

Thank you for checkin Timebomb!
Like modder said, i think the guys here on Mohaas.net can do a great job by developping a community. Supported by the tools that are comming up. Xfire will never give the same priority to the mohaa community as modder and appelpitje do. Xfire can be a good help for the community but mohaas.net can be leading us.
Kill nothing but time...
PrinceCharming
AngelsCoven

Postby Time-bomb » 17 May 2014, 14:39

They found servers when people join on XFire that's what they say so yes! They didn't say anything else. XFire get used by a lot of Mohaa players for years and works fine.

I really happy with the work you guys do but maybe talk with others so you don't have to found out the wheel 2 times. I think if players don't tell you the servers, your program can also not found them? or I am wrong? The anticheat option will be great! (it detect pk3 files? dll's and so)

I don't mean it negative what I say! I am really happy that people do a great job to keep Mohaa alive and put a lot of their free time in it :)
Time-bomb
ESOE

Postby modder » 17 May 2014, 15:03

You are of course right.

Appel has scanned a full server list, so we have them all too.
If people are using our tool, we can most likely scan it too for
new servers. But you will see, there wont be any new server
anymore as soon as we have the shutdown. There is no use
to create a new clan/server/community. So I think it is im-
portant that we support the existing ones.

And the biggest problem in SH/BT is the annoying cheaters.
That is one of the reasons I think that we should make our
tool popular. It will give us completely new possibilities!
modder
2A

Postby Time-bomb » 17 May 2014, 15:44

Cheaters in aa and sh are a big problem and we all know that :(
I really appreciate what you all do don't understand me wrong :)

Did you have had contact with the one who made DMW ?
Time-bomb
ESOE

PreviousNext

Return to Allied Assault / Spearhead / Breakthrough