[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mohaas.net • View topic - Answer me please
Mohaas.net | Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead Community

Answer me please

Everything related to the games.

Re: Answer me please

Postby Scumpii » 17 May 2014, 15:52

timie, i am almost certain that xfire uses gamespy servers to find moh spearhead gameservers but im not 100% sure!
Scumpii

Postby Appelpitje » 17 May 2014, 16:43

No i bet they use the Gamespy list.

Because:
When you make a new server(ip/or port) that has never ran a SH server and you search all servers in xfire you get your new server!

So Xfire checks Gamespy first and adds if therer is a new server with a new port/IP.
Appelpitje
GUN

Postby PrinceCharming » 17 May 2014, 17:35

Ease to test:

- Set up new server.
- do not enable gamespy listing in server.cfg ( set sv_gamespy 0 )
- start Xfire
- connect to ur new server
- look at xfire list if it will appear
Kill nothing but time...
PrinceCharming
AngelsCoven

Postby Appelpitje » 17 May 2014, 18:20

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYiHpSBINO8
Don't mind me struggling with entering the ip address :D
Cause i didn't had time to edit it. ;)

1st try; joining without xfire on.
2nd try; with xfire on.

Nope doesn't work, they are wrong.
Maybe he meant most recent game servers but thats not the whole server list lol.
Appelpitje
GUN

Postby PrinceCharming » 18 May 2014, 01:13

Knew it. Just couldnt be.
Thanx for testing.
Kill nothing but time...
PrinceCharming
AngelsCoven

Postby modder » 18 May 2014, 01:26

Great job Appel.

It was clear that XFire tries to keep their people around as well, and maybe
they even have some feature like that. But I guess it is like I mentioned in
the post above.
modder
2A

Postby Time-bomb » 18 May 2014, 19:53

The only thing I asked XFire if we still are able to found/join SH and AA servers when GameSpy closed, they give me a answer and that's what I posted here, because players say you are not able anymore to see servers on xfire. I don't think it has something to do with your tool, only that players are still able to join servers through XFire. XFire is also a good tool to talk with friends and for clans to found wars!!! the last thing is for a lot of us the most imported thing because we like to play wars!

With your tool you can see servers (what is great for public players!!!!) but we cant organize wars with it, the ac thingy must be great I hope.

So please don't use your spare time to found out how XFire is working, but go one with your great project!!!!!
Time-bomb
ESOE

Postby Appelpitje » 18 May 2014, 22:28

Time Bomb i dont got spare time atm :D
As you see in my vid in th begin i was working for school..

The tool should be released soon, the AC features later..
Appelpitje
GUN

Postby Heatsink » 26 May 2014, 18:58

I think we will find once Gamespy goes down the likes of Gametracker and Xfire will list the servers it has already but they will show offline - guess a simple fix for them to allow you still to connect but they wont show players and details all will be blank
Kill em ALL and then KILL em ALL again!!
ImageImage
Heatsink

Previous

Return to Allied Assault / Spearhead / Breakthrough