[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mohaas.net • View topic - Can't Open MOHAA
Mohaas.net | Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead Community

Can't Open MOHAA

Everything related to the games.

Re: Can't Open MOHAA

Postby TexasReb » 15 Sep 2015, 18:58

I don't know enough about how to make an .exe fix, but that would surely be ideal. However, here's a fix another user came up with. It seems to be easier and puts your PC at less risk:

"As for a fix, I have a temporary one that I use. I made two batch files that I use to start and stop the secdrv service. That way I can run my games and then deactivate the secdrv service afterward.

To make them, open Notepad, and paste the following code inside:

Code:

start cmd.exe /c "sc config secdrv start=demand"
start cmd.exe /c "sc start secdrv"

Then save the file as "Start Secdrv.bat". The "bat" extension is very important.

Then clear notepad out so it's blank again, or make a new document and paste in the following code:

Code:

start cmd.exe /c "sc stop secdrv"
start cmd.exe /c "sc config secdrv start=disabled"

Save that file as "Stop Secdrv.bat"

Close Notepad.

Then, when you want to use the affected software, run the "Start Secdrv" batch file, then run your software. When you're finished with the software and close the program, run the "Stop Secdrv" batch file.
That way you can still use the program, and security is preserved for normal computer use. The only time it is "un-secure" is when you're actually playing the game or using the affected software.

I have both batch files on my desktop for ease of use. It's two extra steps to play my favorite game, but until there's another fix, it works for me."

Possibly another easy solution; I'm unsure, but I'd guess that newer releases of the game weren't using the SafeDisc copyright protection. I'm curious if War Chest users or those who downloaded the game without a CD are experiencing this issue. My guess is that they are not. In that case, the solution would be to just get your hands on one of these newer releases.
TexasReb

Postby modder » 15 Sep 2015, 19:10

I hope some guys here (maybe Appelpitje or Wappe) can make an exe file out of it.
That should be possible.
modder
2A

Postby Appelpitje » 16 Sep 2015, 00:26

I have made a quick program with the commands.
Can u test if this works fine?

MOHAASecDrv.exe
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 2719 times
Appelpitje
GUN

Postby TexasReb » 16 Sep 2015, 07:18

Thanks for putting that together. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working for me. Actually, I've found that the codes I posted for the .bat file fix don't work for me either. For that matter, I now realize that I don't altogether understand the Microsoft suggested fix. Following their fix, I've discovered the command to set the driver's service to manual (sc config secdrv start= demand) is all I need to enter to get the game to work. However, from there, I can't seem to figure out a way to disable secdrv. None of the other commands seem to do anything. The only way I can get the driver to disable again is by restarting my PC.
TexasReb

Postby Kurtz » 16 Sep 2015, 16:47

I had this problem yesterday.

Nothing and i mean NOTHING would help (even running the set up as administrator, the tool itself does not have an option to run it as administrator). I decided to roll back the system couple of days and voila...it started working again.
The problem is actually not with the tool i think but with running the game itself as it would not open even if i would try to run it with admin rights.

I had to roll back to around 8th of September before some Windows updates installed. Will have to check later if it works after windows installed the updates again.

PS: I'm on Windows 7.
Kurtz

Postby Kurtz » 24 Sep 2015, 10:55

So, does anyone have a workaround the problemthat actually works?

I tried the above solutions and it does not work :( I tried solutions from Microsoft page and it does not work as well.

I tried downloading the file that Apple posted but my anti vir will not let me (will try to turn it off and try again).

This issue really sucks big time as every time i want to play MOH i have to roll back the system to before the windows update :(
Kurtz

Postby Appelpitje » 24 Sep 2015, 16:22

I've read that nocd cracks actualy don't have this problem.
Do u guys still usr the cds or a nocd crack?
Appelpitje
GUN

Postby Kurtz » 25 Sep 2015, 10:23

Kurtz

Postby Appelpitje » 27 Sep 2015, 11:11

Appelpitje
GUN

Postby wossname » 10 Jan 2016, 15:43

The link does make it look like you need a degree in I.T so ill tell it in laymans terms

Go to control panel then click on uninstall a programme then on the left click view installed updates look for 3086255 and select it then click uninstall and mohaa will work .If you use a shortcut on the desktop to the server and the no cd crack then you need not keep taking the update out
wossname

Previous

Return to Allied Assault / Spearhead / Breakthrough